Saturday, December 13, 2008

Black & White Photography

As far as my memory brings me, I have never plays with black and white photography before. One of my friend show me some of his black and white pictures and it amazed me. Then, I started to do more research about it.

Do you know you can use color filters to create special effects on black and white film that no software can do?

As you already know, red, blue and green are primary colors and cyan, magenta and yellow are opposite of them. So, when you want to make Bumblebee (the yellow Chevvy Camaro in Transformer I mean) to be specially black for your picture, use a green filter for your black and white photography.

Everything for the picture will remain fine, just that the yellow Camaro will turn darker. Imagine your Bumblebee became black instead of yellow. What will things be then? I never did that before but it certainly worth a try. :-)

That is why it suddenly hits me that I can have a lots of fun with black and white photography. But I have been a "color" boy for so long and it might be different to do something different. Still, I try to keep myself open and see what else I can find with black and white photography.

Until then,

Happy photographing,

Michael Wong. :-)

No comments: