Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Expressing Myself With Photography

"Pictures tell a story without words". And everyone has their own stories to tell. That is what I admire about photographer. They are marvelous story teller.

How I take my pictures is my own perception and how I see the world. There are just so many ways to look at a subject (or an incident). The way I like to photograph a cup of tea is to zoom to the edge of cup while it is hot with steam. I can't really tell you why but something about that feel better than capturing the whole cup of tea (you will see both pictures below).





In both pictures, I added flash so you can see the steam. I should have used a black cloth instead of white because it made the lower picture too bright. See, that is why you need to plan before you take your picture. Don’t be like me.

So, you see, photography is an art that is totally up to us and with the help of a camera; there is no telling what you and I can create. Just know that how you display your pictures is how you express your own individuality. It is totally personal and up to your personalities. Plus, your unique experience of the world is what made up the person you are today. And your personal experience becomes your stories. So, all of us can bring different stories to the table and get it broadcasted.

Have fun photographing,

Michael Wong. :-)
P.S. Look here for affordable and easy to use compact digital camera. You can enjoy great value and free shipping to your doorstep...

No comments: